Every home needs consistent, professional roof cleaning in West Bloomfield, to protect roofing materials from premature damage and enhance a home’s overall curb appeal. Roof cleaning is best done annually and by a professional, as power washing a roof in West Bloomfield is not a DIY job!
Reasons every home needs a professional roof wash:
- A garden hose cannot remove damaging algae, moss, mold, and mildew
- Sand, silt, and other gritty residues settle between shingles, causing damage
- Soot and air pollution dry out roofing tiles
There are many other reasons to consider professional roof cleaning in West Bloomfield on a consistent basis, and some vital reasons why every homeowner needs to call a professional power washing company for roof washing rather than tackling this job on their own. Note a few of those reasons here, so you know you’re doing everything possible to keep your home in good condition and looking its best.
1. Professional Roof Cleaning in West Bloomfield Removes Biological Contaminants
Biological contaminants like algae, moss, mold, and mildew damage a residential roof especially if this debris is allowed to grow and spread! Consider some vital reasons why you want to call a professional power washing company in West Bloomfield to clean these contaminants from your home’s roof:
- The moisture contained in biological contaminants softens roofing shingles and tiles so that they crumble away.
- The roofing paper under those shingles also gets soft and weak, increasing the risk of tears and resultant interior water leaks.
- As moss, mold, mildew, and algae grow and spread, they often work their way underneath roofing shingles and tiles, loosening them.
- Algae and mold especially are often very pungent and bothersome to your sinuses so that you can’t enjoy your home’s patio or deck during summer months!
- Algae and moss are often visible even from the street, making your home look rundown and dingy and reducing your home’s overall curb appeal.
Note that a garden hose is insufficient for cleaning these contaminants thoroughly. To kill roots and spores of algae and other such residues, rely on a professional roof wash for your West Bloomfield home instead. A professional roof wash will also reach all the nooks and crannies of a home’s roof, ensuring a thorough clean of damaging substances.
2. A West Bloomfield Roof Wash Reveals Needed Repairs
Roof damage is sometimes obscured by layers of dirt and grime as well as growing algae and other debris. A professional roof wash of a West Bloomfield home might reveal soft spots along the roof’s framework, crumbling shingles, loose flashing, and other such areas in need of repairs.
A professional roof wash contractor might also note a number of missing, torn, or cracked shingles that a homeowner can’t see from the street! He or she might then recommend replacing those shingles, to ensure your home’s roof is in excellent condition year-round.
3. Professional Soft Wash Systems Protect West Bloomfield Roofs
Never assume you can rent a power washer, watch a “how to clean roof shingles” video, and then safely wash your home’s roof. Too much pressure on older shingles and tiles in particular can cause splits, cracks, and other damage, and even blow those shingles right off the roof!
A soft wash power washing of a Bloomfield area home begins with the application of specialty surfactants. These cleansers seep into every cranny of a roof, loosening and dissolving even thick, dried-on dirt and debris. A low-pressure rinse removes those residues without damaging or loosening shingles and other building materials.
4. Avoid DIY Pressure Washing in West Bloomfield
Pressure washing a West Bloomfield roof has its advantages, but never assume you can rent a power washer and manage this work on your own. Note a few reasons you always want to call a West Bloomfield power washing company for cleaning your home’s roof:
- A power washing company trains its workers on how to stay safely balanced on a wet roof or ladder while holding a pressure washing wand, ensuring worker safety and reducing the risk of falls.
- Don’t assume you’ll be safe by staying on the ground while pressure washing a roof, as using a power washer from under your home’s roof loosens tiles as well as the connectors holding a home’s gutters and downspouts in place. Washing a roof from below also increases the risk of splatter and splashing.
- Power washing a West Bloomfield area home properly requires training and knowhow! A power washing contractor is skilled in removing thick dirt without damaging surfaces and materials and will know how to clean all the crevices of a brick chimney, roof eaves, and other hard-to-reach spots.
- The wrong pressure washing detergents might dry out roof shingles and other building materials, or not clean them thoroughly. A pressure washing company in West Bloomfield knows the right surfactants to use for area homes.
5. Your Home’s Curb Appeal Is Worth the Pressure Washing Cost!
One of the best ways to improve your home’s overall curb appeal is to invest in professional pressure washing in West Bloomfield. A roof wash of a Bloomfield area home removes years of built-up soot, grime, bird droppings, dirt and mud, dried dust, and other debris. The roof’s color is restored instantly and your entire home looks new.
A gutter cleaning of a West Bloomfield home is also an excellent option when scheduling a roof cleaning. Clogged gutters allow rainwater to wash over their sides, creating unsightly streaks along the undersides of the gutters and along a home’s exterior walls. An exterior house wash along with roof cleaning removes all that dirt, mud, and other debris, for a vibrant home exterior.
Why Schedule a Roof Wash for a New Roof?
If your home or the roof itself is relatively new, don’t assume that you can put off regular, professional power washing. Damaging soot, dirt, mud, grit, grime, dust, and other residues settle onto a roof of any age, working their way between shingles and tiles. Harsh summertime storms also deposit lots of damaging debris onto West Bloomfield homes, as do Michigan’s snowy winters!
Contrary to what some homeowners think, roof cleaning a West Bloomfield home also doesn’t dry out shingles and tiles but protects them from drying dust and grit. A professional power washing contractor and will also ensure that he or she removes all traces of detergent and surfactants, so your new roof looks its best for as long as possible.